Friday, March 20, 2009

Optimism

I just read my last several posts after reading a friend's private email comments -- and uh, sorry I've been such a Debbie Downer. (Wha, wha, whaaa....)
(To the friend, your concern is noted and please, don't be).

I do believe I will get out of this, ya know... I do. This is part of my "how."

For what it is worth, I am writing real stuff, too, beyond this silly therapeutic effort at a blog. The more I write, the more hope I have for the future. I don't go to bars to chat it up with acquaintances. I don't hang with any other Mom-types. I don't lurk in the stacks at the library, "do" coffee at the church, or act coy as I peruse the aisles at Barnes and Noble. I don't typically call up girlfriends and complain about my life. I write here. This blog, like it or not, is my idea of a friend. Yeah -- I think that's pretty gross, too. However, I do talk with the greeters at Walmart -- they seem lonely and unappreciated.

So, please -- My apologies to you if you're looking for some sort of "answer" or "insight" to something -- You won't find it here. But I am working on it.


I thought this Pic was appropriately funny: