Wednesday, September 05, 2007

One Year

I just noticed that a year ago I started this little venting blog. I feel somewhat ashamed that I use it in the way I imagine some people might call up a friend or go to lunch or whatever to discuss what's going on in one's life. I think when people do that they are internally making comparisons, feeling better about their situation or worse depending on what their friend or friends are going through.

Here I just tell my side of things. That's where the "shame" part comes in. I know it's indulgent, selfish even. I also know it has helped to comfort me and ease my Type A self. I'm grateful for that and for those of you who read this on occasion. It does make me feel like someone else is listening -- kind of like a friend to pal around with. That sounds pathetic, but maybe you know what I mean.

I sell nothing here. I promote nothing here, not even myself from what I can tell as I flip through some of my previous posts. I keep hoping for some fantastic news to tell you all about -- and I am still hoping, by the way -- but so far, that day hasn't happened.

But It Will, by the grace of God.
And when it does, you'll be the first to hear about it.
Thanks again for being there, wherever and whoever you are.